Heh.

Well, it's the holidays for me now and it's time for me to explore into my home theatre again. And as I've watched movies at home the past few nights, I've realised the great difference between DVD and VCD (Well, not that I haven't already in the past, but yeah). But I guess the most obvious difference is the audio. For me, I have a weird system, where I use separate amps for my speakers. One for the rear two, one for the front two with subs, and another for the front. Total of three amps. In a VCD video, I would only need to work one amp, which is from the front two side speakers, which is bad. Many VCDs are shit. The soundtrack levels are very high with low levels of dialogue. This is something that can be adjusted from a DVD, where dialogue is usually only from the front center speaker. The three amps also allow me to customise the levels individually to cater it to my ear's pleasure. Be it a louder soundtrack, greater surround sound, or louder dialogue, it is totally customisable, like other amps. Just that I'm not rich, and thus the budget of separating the amps. But anyways, I've always preferred 5.1 sound, and it's all thanks to Dolby Labs. Which leads me to another point as to why I only buy DVDs, and only the originals. Because they are the ones with proper audio. Ahwells. I'm saving up for a good screen now. :D Aiming for a rear projection system by end-2011. heh. I think I'm a lil too crazy over home theatre stuff, though I'm not rich enough to get much of those. hahah. Ahwells. Nights.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog