Ahh.
On 14 January 2009, Glen flipped and totalled his bicycle when we attempted to cycle to Tuas Second Link. He was whisked away into the A&E department straight away when his dad drove him to Tan Tock Seng Hospital. He was lucky to have only gotten away with surface bruises and zero fractures or concussions, especially since there was a bruise really close to his eye. Obviously we were all relieved and happy that nothing serious happened to him. So that was a warning bell for Glen and me to watch where we cycle, because Glen crashed when he was looking around at the factories and not paying attention to the road. A scary reminder which I did not heed fully.
See, last Tuesday morning on the 23rd, I decided to cycle one round around Toa Payoh to warm myself up a lil for OCBC Cycle Singapore, which happens next Sunday. However, as it was a simple ride, I decided to cycle with slippers. A big mistake. Halfway through, I was looking down and checking my derailleur as it wasn't shifting properly. Next thing I knew, my left feet slammed into the rear of a stationary minibus. I didn't fall off my bicycle, but felt something dangling on my feet. Well, that was my toenails from the 4th and 5th toe, as well as the top phalanx of the fourth toe. Imagine how scared you would be to find a dangling and crooked toe. ): Anyway I got whisked into the A&E as well, and the x-ray shows an open fracture, which is the bone breaking into half. Scary uh. First scary news is that I needed to be warded for fear of bone infection. After being warded, I was told that I need a minor surgery to insert K-wires in. Freaking scary I swear. Go youtube "removal of K-wire" and you'll see how scary it is to take them out in six weeks time. Sigh. And no more OCBC Cycle Singapore for me. Sigh.
I'm totally sad that I can't cycle for at least six weeks. Sigh. I was totally looking forward for this.
Comments
Post a Comment