Oh, Finally.

Training during the past week were mostly failures, proving to me that I would not complete the OCBC Cycle Singapore in a reasonable time. But today I was proven wrong as I took up the front of the starting line. With the familiar and classic blast of the air horn, I accelerated and pushed my bike against the air. Within moments, I realised that I could maintain a decent speed of 29km/h. I was happily overtaking many participants. But as I put in more effort to cycle and push up the average to 32km/h, cramps would come in and I'd have to stop. I did proper warm ups but the cramps started coming in on the 17th KM mark, and came in another three times at 22KM, 31KM, and 36KM. I will never forget how I sped through those closed roads and gave my best for the final straight road into the finishing line. Though I'm not the first, I am still happy with my performance today, except for those nasty cramps. It is really a change to see swarms of cyclists competing together. Really interesting...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog