Oh.
Let's see. I dropped out of Standard Chartered marathon at the 41st KM. Nahh, kidding. Well, all I can say is that it is torturous but rewarding at the same time. Everything went well for the first 10KM. I started to wear down after 10 at East Coast/Fort Road, and started to lose fuel by the 20th. By the 25th I was almost dead, and cramps came in around 30. Attempted to jog again, but cramps hit me almost immediately. So walked for the next 12KM up to 42. Then the 195 meters involved running/jogging for the finish line with millions of cheers from both sides, thus I forced myself to jog despite the cramps, and almost collapsed after passing through the finishing gate. 6hour 47mins according to gun time. I actually estimated during my first 15KMs that I could finish before 6 hours, maybe in the mid-stages of the 5th hour. But the cramps and lethargy came in, despite a million sachets of Powerbar Gel. :/ I was close to giving up once the cramps came in. Urgh. As to whether I would join it again next year, I don't know. It's quite a challenge for me, especially when I don't usually run. Ohwells.
Comments
Post a Comment