Third Letter.

I told the LTA, that if I ever have to send the third letter on taxis not wanting to stop anywhere along the stretch of Toa Payoh Lorong 2 beside my house, it will be nasty. In fact, I got close to having to send the third letter (though thats not the case here). See, the problem lies with the taxi drivers and LTA. Whether it was a communication error or whatsoever, they are LTA. They are supposed to be big, or so they make themselves to be. But taxis are not allowed to wait anywhere along the small southbound stretch of Toa Payoh Lorong 2 between the junction of Toa Payoh Central and Toa Payoh Lorong 6. They are allowed to do immediate boarding though (as claimed by the LTA in both email replies), and many have claimed to be fined by Traffic Wardens for immediate pickup/alighting without any additional waiting. And LTA claimed the taxi drivers will not be fined if they do as that. So who do I believe?

Let's bring this to both sides. Frequent readers would know that I greatly detest taxi drivers, though I frequently use them as I'm always late. But hey, with them cursing at me without me even cutting their lanes when I'm cycling or threatening me with their rev-ing, they are definitely a road hazard. Many can even turn aggressive on you if they deem you as uncooperative in giving them proper preferred routes or if you provide them with a route that is not in their favour. So that is the taxi driver's side.

Let's move on to the great biggie LTA. I was just watching a classic "My Best Friend's Wedding" at 2a.m. and I suddenly heard a weird drilling sound that lasted about 2 seconds. I paused the movie to rewind it and to see why they had it in the movie. And turns out, it wasn't there in the movie at all. So i paused my movie again, and looked out of my window. Workers were actually clanging stuff and trying to do something to the underpass entrance opposite my house for some barrier free project by the LTA, or maybe something else. This is the thing: You work late at night in hope that you don't cause inconvenience to people in the day. But at night, you work the noise away. For goodness sake's, Toa Payoh is not Orchard where you stick to doing work only at night. Just do it in mid-day or after 9 up till 11. You purposely start the works late at around 12 midnight and only end at around 2 plus. Isn't there a rule that everything in a household must be toned down after 10p.m. or something like that? It doesn't give you any excuse just because you are the LTA and because you are outdoors. You disrupt my movie, and also people's sleep! This construction has been going on for the past few months, although it doesn't happen every night. But hey, I want my peace. And I want you out of my life after 11pm. I'm even giving you an extra hour's grace!

So here's the two sides. Now decide, who's the bloody idiot here? Arrest me for accusations and not giving the government's "Right-of-reply", but come on. If I really get arrested and convicted, it just shows how irresponsible the government is, that punishment is a way to force-close matters that were screwed up by people they hired to run the "LTA".

Well, on the other note less aggressive and personal, holidays are boring. Everyday has been staying home, rotting, and watching my movie playlist over and over again. I haven't even been cycling much, and I really need to get it going again before I turn up to be two times the size that I currently already am. Yawns. Holidays are a drag. And so is school. And soon, NS will be a drag, work will be a drag. Basically, life is a drag. Urgh. I need to find things to do. :/ And actually, watching movies ain't that bad too. I watched "Made Of Honor" (bought it because I'm currently collecting the millions of movies I had watched with her) and noticed how Patrick Demsey pronounced Caramel differently from everyone that I know, and so I searched it and yeah, there actually is a sort of minor debate on it's pronunciation, just like the "multi" yada yada thingy. Caramel can either go "Care-Re-Mel" or "Kar-mul". Those are like the closest sounding words that I could string together to make it sound like the two ways of pronouncing caramel. But ahwells. Interesting. Kar-mul sounds nicer and cooler. tsk. And oh, I think that I have an addiction to cards, but I still love them. :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog