Untitled. (Nervous)
I was trembling. I looked around. All i could see was about 6 teenagers hanging around. That was good, for a crowd would definitely increase the tension that was already over powering. My best friend Jack was across the road from the cafe which i was at. I guess he could sense my nervousness and thus gave me an encouraging smile with the traditional "okay?" sign with his fingers. I nodded my head, but perhaps too delicately for him to notice...
We both had this plan since a year ago. It was nothing special - in fact it seems like a typical drama - but what else have we got? We have targeted this cafe and had every single delicate detail planned out already. Throwing away this plan would be too much of a waste, even if it was over rated and common.So far, everything has gone as planned. The fierce Singapore sun has took a break to recharge, and the dark clouds were hanging around, but not threatening to cry upon us. The cool breezes wafting past the cafe and carrying the aroma of fresh and crisp air. In just less than a minute, our plan would be ready to peak. The main purpose would be ready to be carried out, and i prayed for every single second to pass slower...
This was it. It was time. Time to activate our plan. I looked up after the first second crossed into the minute and saw my best friend giving me the cue. Shucks! Now?
And then i saw her in the distance... Yes, her. The girl who was never late, neither was she ever early. The girl with such perfect hair and body, and looking as if she had a pair of Saint Gabriel's wings clad behind her. Not just that, but the girl who had a cheerful personality. Even her shadows that cast upon someone would cheer them up. This was her, my love.
My hands were clammy. I quickly stood up as she approached me. After our 'hello' kiss, i dropped to my knees and knelt down. The cafe crew clapped. And taking out the ring, i proposed...
This cafe was where we had our first date. And it has been our hangout since then. I knew she would not expect what i was going to do, because of how often we come here. It may not be a special place, but it definitely contained all our memories. Even the shop crew knew us, which made this proposal planning easier for me.
I said all i had to and asked the priceless question, with me still trembling like a handphone's vibration and my heart punching my chest so hard that my body jerked with every beat. She seemed stuck in words. She was in total shock. But eventually, she gently nodded her head, as she always did, so elegantly. That was my relief. I heaved a sigh of relief and jumped up, giving her the hug of my life.
On that day, 16 june 2006 at 5.32 in the evening, i got engaged. It wasn't the day of my marriage yet, but it certainly was one of the most happy days that i have had so far. And never in my life, have i felt more nervous than asking my love for a lifetime of bliss.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
This was something i cooked up while trying to get to sleep last night. I typed this essay on my phone and transferred it over here. I know it's not a good story, and my ending sucks. (My endings always ruin my essays.) The title would be something like nervousness. If it comes out for tmr, i guess i would be scribbling my essay in no time. lols! Anyways, today's Chem was easier than expected, and i believe for an A. (:
Comments
Post a Comment