Fiction.

16 Days left. It was 10 March. We met each other on the net and that day was our first digital hello. I was in tangles of love and I was in a great mess. All I could relate on this day was my introduction.

15 Days left. I managed to get a closer friendship. My deepest troubles were poured out to her. Everything from another friend who had held my hand but turning it into a horror movie to my past relationships to my friends. Life was pretty carefree. All I had to do was to pour my troubles out and she will be there to lift it away from me. It was a great time, especially when it was a period when you needed someone beside you encouraging you.

Days went by quickly as our life was shared. In just a couple more days, she will be flying off, back to her hometown. 16 March - 10 Days left to her departure... We had our first meeting out together. We had a great time walking around the mall and joking with each other. If life was that day everyday, not a single line of eyelining will ever be around my eye again. That was the bliss of that short 2 hours in the day. After separating on our ways, we met again that same night...

We sat in a playground to chat the uncountable things we could say, before we never get the chance to do so again. It was about life, studies, jobs, and love. The playground was not a fancy one. It was just a basic plastic structure with the common shock-absorbing rubber flooring. The lights were plenty, but barely lighting up the area well. Yishun - that was the estate that we were at and i will always remember it.

While walking her home slowly, I gently lifted up both of her hands which were holding her box of mints, wallet, handphone, and a shopping bag. I slowly brought everything into one hand, placed both hands down, and gently caressed my hand on her empty hand and held it, with our fingers slowly interlocking. It was 11.55pm when it happened. On 11.59pm, just before 16 March ended, I nervously asked the question which I have never spoken in words through my mouth before. I asked her to be my girlfriend during her remaining days in Singapore. That would give us 9 days together once 12 midnight has passed. She gave the "yes" and the "why not, it'll be quite fun" in a shocking yet awkward tone as she walked up the stairs to her block. And just as I was walking away from her, I ran back at her and gave her a gentle peck on her soft lips. It was probably the sweetest kiss that I've had to start a relationship...

The 9 days passed faster than I could imagine. We hung out at playgrounds, stairways, East Coast, and Changi Airport.
On the third last day, it was our first week together as a couple. We spent it by the beach at Sembawang. It was great. Her gift to me gave me a good thinking into this relationship. Because we both knew that we would call for a breakup in three days time. She gave me a sweet red box tied nicely, and the inside is filled with tonnes of sweets. I was just simply touched...

Finally the last day came. The original last-meeting was meant to be on our first week "anniversary" two days ago, but I decided to send her off anyway on the last day, as well as to give her the last exchanges of hugs and kisses... Upon our meeting, we only had 10 minutes. We took a quick walk around Terminal 2 before she left to meet her mom for dinner before checking in. I was not close to tearing yet. In fact, I was just a little heartsunk, but not sad... But just as I walked away, she called out to me, and as we approached each other, she gently wrapped her hands around my neck and asked me "Have I ever told you that I Love You?". As i shook my head, she gently spoke the 3 words of "I Love You" and gave me a sweet and gentle kiss on my lips, before walking away. And it was that moment that I started walking off with tears starting to glide down my cheeks. The kiss, her accent, her warmth, and her expression... It all brought a sense of comfort which I did not want to let go. It was a sense which I would rewind the time for... Sigh.

Those 16 Days will be a memory that I will never forget. For nothing has been more special than these 16 days. The ending was the exact replica of the beginning. How we started, was the same with how we ended it. The exact same kiss... I will always remember the touch. It was all special...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog